Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ham Fried Rice

For some reason my pictures keep turing to the side. Oh well, you can still see it. This is my ham fried rice recipe. We love it. I add something different that my husband doesn't necissarily like, but really you can't taste it (the coleslaw mix). This recipe makes a lot.

Ingredients
4-5 C cooked rice (cooled in the fridge)
1 pkg diced ham (I like to buy the already diced ham pieces)
8 oz coleslaw mix
2-3 scrambles eggs
Soy sauce
1 bunch green onions (chopped)

Instructions
Cook the rice ahead of time. I like to do it the day before. Put the rice in a container in the fridge to cool. Fried rice works best with cold rice. Once ready to cook, heat a wok pan and spray with Pam. Put in diced ham, coleslaw mix, already scrambled eggs, and green onions in pan. Stir and let cook together on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Add the rice and stir everything together. Add a few splashes of soy sauce, just until rice in light brown. Add just a little at a time. You can always add more, but can't take any away. Let cook together on medium-low heat for about 15 minutes. I usually just turn it to low after awhile and finish cooking whatever else it is I am making for the main dish. Enjoy!

No comments: