Sunday, May 2, 2010

Swiss Chicken Breasts

This is such an easy recipe, and it is so yummy. I can actually get my whole family to clean their plates and go back for seconds. I normally have side dishes of Rice a Roni (chicken flavor), corn, and homemade bread (or rolls). Here is the main dish:

The kids dug in before I could snap the picture.


Swiss Chicken Breasts

Ingredients:
5 Chicken Breasts (cut in half)
10 slices of swiss cheese (I use the kraft single slice)
1- 26 oz can Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 cup pureed cauliflower
1 1/2 cups water (Or use the can from the soup and fill it about half full of water)
3 cups dressing (I use Pepperidge Farm herb flavored dressing...Like stuffing)
1 cube butter (light)

Directions:
Rinse chicken breasts, cut in half, and put into a 13 x 9 inch cake pan, coated with non-stick cooking spray. Put one slice of swiss cheese on each piece of chicken.

Wisk together:
1 - 26 oz can Cream of Chicken soup
Water (however you measure it)
1/2 cup pureed cauliflower
Then pour this soup mixture over the chicken and cheese.

Mix together:
3 cups dressing
1 cube butter, melted
Then sprinkle this dressing mixture on top of chicken and soup. (I tend to do more of this dressing mix for additional flavor. I do 4 cups dressing and 1 1/4 cubes of butter, melted).

Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes.

2 comments:

Moo said...

So I am sort of inept but what is or how do you make the pureed cauliflower??

Stacy said...

It's very easy. I buy a head of cauliflower and cut it off the stem into little pieces (as if you were going to put it into a veggie tray). Then I steam it. I do it the easy way, microwave. I put it in a bowl and put a tiny bit of water, cover it and cook it for about a minute or two depending on how much you have in the bowl.

Then I use a small food processor. I got it at Kohl's for about $30 on sale. I add the steamed cauliflower and a little water. Then I puree it and measure out 1/2 cup amounts into zip lock bags. I label the bags with the date, measurement, and what it is. Then I freeze it until I need it. The day I am going to cook with it I take it out of the freezer in the morning and let it thaw. Cut a corner off the bottom and squeeze it out of the zip lock into your sauce.