Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chicken Swiss Bundles

I love the Taste of Home magazine. I always find such yummy recipe's in it. This one I made last night, and it was a hit (even with my 3 year old).

Ingredients:

1 small onion
1/2 C sliced fresh mushrooms (I left this out)
1 1/2 tsp butter
1 garlic clove, minced
1 C cubed cooked chicken breast
1/2 C chopped roasted sweet red peppers
1 Tbsp honey mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
2 C (8 oz) shredded Swiss cheese
12 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
2 Tbsp butter melted

Directions:

In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 more min. add chicken, peppers, mustard and seasonings; heat through. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.

Flatten each roll into a 5 inch circle. Place 1/4 C chicken mixture in the center of six circles. Brush edges with water; top with remaining circles. Press edges with a fork to seal.

Place on greased baking sheets; brush with butter. Bake at 350 for 18-22 min or until golden brown. Cut bundles in half to serve. Can serve as side dish with soup or as a main dish. Makes 6 bundles.

My personal notes: I put the frozen rolls on some cling wrap with a lot of Pam. Then I covered them with another layer of cling wrap also sprayed with a lot of Pam. Then I didn't have to worry about them drying out, sticking to anything when I rolled them out, and I didn't have to grease baking sheets.

I love flavor in my foods, so I don't really measure the ingredients. I always add a little bit more. In this I added extra honey mustard, lemon pepper seasoning, and Italian seasoning. Where it calls for a sweet red pepper, I just used a regular red bell pepper. Also, it calls for Swiss cheese and I just used a blended mixture of cheese I already had. I also doubled the recipe and used it as a main dish. With doubling the recipe, I wanted to use a lot of chicken to make sure they were stuffed full, so I boiled 5 chicken breasts and then cut them up into cubes.

First rolled out rolls with chicken mixture ( I added more than 1/4 c each roll)

Tops put on, and buttered.

The final product. They were so, so good!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Aimee, I hope this is a good way to say hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. What a great food site this is! I am going to be back, for sure. I am thinking this recipe looks fab! So good to hear from you!

Ann Summerville said...

They look delicious
Ann